Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 10: #23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

I've had a really good time on iHCPL. I've done so many things and it's kind of hard to get things sorted out enough to put into words all I've learned. (It's also difficult when regular work gets in the way.)

I printed out the questions given in the lesson, so I hope that helps me sort things out.

My absolute favorite thing was also one of the simplest and silliest: my avatar. It certainly isn't the most important thing, but I've loved changing it. Makes me feel like a little girl again, playing with a Barbie doll.

Okay. I'll be serious. I really enjoyed the podcasts, I think. It was amazing how many are out there and would be fun to explore. Also the videos. I can see so much potential for them. So much info made available at a moment's notice for the library user. The wikis were also great. Another easy -- maybe more accessible way to give library patrons an idea of materials available. They can be used for pleasure reading to homework to business research. I really need to do more with wikis and with social networking, particularly library and librarian based networks.

I was surprised at how much I liked the blog, believe it or not. Just wish I really had more time for it. I'd like to start a more personal one sometime to review books and movies and such.

What's next? Well, I've looked up articles about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 and we seem to have covered most of what I see listed. But with the speed of technology what it is, I'm sure there's more to explore.

No comments: